Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 Laser 3000 is 1065

2015 Laser 3000 is 1065 4 years 11 months ago #221

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Meaning you only have to finish ahead of an RS200 on the water to be sure of beating them on PY. Got to be a doddle on a breezy day.

But keep turning out on those lighter days so that they get reflected in the future handicap.
Tony
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2015 Laser 3000 is 1065 4 years 6 months ago #273

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
So how are people doing on the new handicap?

At CSC the REsults Officer initially put 3604 on 1065 - 30 = 1030.... and I won everything in sight. So we put it back to 1007 again ... and I was still winning too many things for many people's liking.

Then someone read Tony's post "recommending" 977 for a single handed V3000 ... which has been duly applied.

3604 is now OFFICIALLY a "fast" assymetric and consigned to the windward / leeward assy course. On which I have not a hope of winning against boats that were design for windward leeward racing! Still, it's a challenge - and I hope to have a bit more competition at Barts Bash and the Boxing Day Pursuit!!!! So thanks Tony ;¬)

2015 Laser 3000 is 1065 4 years 6 months ago #275

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
The two-up PY for the V3k drifted up to 987 according to the RYA PY-site's analysis of our little V3k-fleet's racing results, except the club stuck at 982 to keep us in the fast fleet . Our fast/medium split is at 982/3, and there's no point racing in the Medium fleet of non-trapeze boats - light airs they win, planing winds and we win - foregone conclusion on 987.

We stand a reasonable chance in the fast on 982, but the standard of the sailing at WSC is not high, to judge by open results in the major classes (Wayfarer excepted - despite which, people get upset with the Wayfarer winning a lot at the club :S )
Tony
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds