Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Daggerboard & rudder Laser 3000 vs Laser 2?

Daggerboard & rudder Laser 3000 vs Laser 2? 2 years 11 months ago #432

• Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Based in France and a happy (and perhaps the only) Laser 3000 sailor I have recently had the misfortune to lose my daggerboard & rudder assembly (b;ade/stock/tiller/extension) in afire at my sailing club. I am currently looking for replacements and have posted a wanted ad in the forum.

It occurred to me that as the Laser 3000 is derived from the Laser 2, foils from that boat might also be usable. Does anyone know whether the daggerboard and rudder assemblies are interchangeable?

Would also welcome any suggestions on a source of (preferably secondhand) parts for the orginal Laser 3000.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Daggerboard & rudder Laser 3000 vs Laser 2? 2 years 11 months ago #433

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
The daggerboards are indeed interchangeable. The foam reinforced plastic daggerboard supplied by Vandercraft is head and shoulders above the original - lighter, stiffer and much less prone to damage (e.g. along the trailing edge).

As for rudders, all the answers should be here:
www.monkeyit.co.uk/l3k/index.php/kunena/...all-you-need-to-know
Tony

Daggerboard & rudder Laser 3000 vs Laser 2? 2 years 11 months ago #434

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes you can use laser 2 foils on a 3000. Just the same thing. You can use any rudder that will fit, if you want. Good rudders and foils are available from Jeff at vandercraft.co.uk ( you have to phone him tho) and they are quite expensive. Less nice ones from sailboats.co.uk . 2nd hand .. well quite a few laser 2s are life expired and get broken up. Try posting a wanted add on the dinghies and bits Facebook page.

Good luck.

Daggerboard & rudder Laser 3000 vs Laser 2? 2 years 11 months ago #435

• Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Tony & Nick for your very helpful replies. I hope that I have located original second-hand board and rudder from a 3000 that has been scrapped - checking those out. Much appreciate your quick and clear replies.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds