Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Settings

Settings 2 years 5 months ago #398

• PeterH6
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again. Rigged the boat, fiddled about with it. Putting shrouds and lowers into the chain plates where the previous owner had left the pins, the rig seems excessively raked, and the lowers very loose.In my previous classes, (Blaze, RS700, 600, 5o5,, Contender,) the class publish, as I remember it, some measurements for starters.From top of the transom to the mast head main haliyard, from the same point to the back of the mast at the heel, and slack in the lowers would be very useful, if any one can bear to publish their go faster numbers. (Of course I realize that someone might be happy to provide me with go slow figures!!!

There are still more, like spreader length and angle, but that is far too complicated for me. And of course there is absolutely no guarantee that any of the fittings are in the same place as others have them.

PeterH
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Settings 2 years 5 months ago #399

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Settings on my last L3k:

Rake: 6170mm to top of transom (yes, pretty raked - you need to sail the boat upright)

Mast foot forward of centre of step (between bolts in step - aft bolt one hole aft of centre)

Spreader tip separation 723mm, deflection 200mm.

I set the lowers to just come tight when the rig tension (300 lb on the shrouds) came on. Slack off two whole holes in a real honker to depower.

That's using the original Hyde sails.
Tony
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Tony Hunt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds