Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spi Tack line.

Spi Tack line. 2 years 5 months ago #385

• PeterH6
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, the white water canoe season is drawing to a close and I'm back on the case of my 3K. I think I have everything under control except...Spi pole. The previous owner apparently never used the kite and there is no string coming out of the shiny front tend, nor from the pulley sheave at the back. There is, however, a small plastic sphere trapped in side, and two pop rivets showing in line about mid point.. To free the knobble, I intend to remove the outer end and re pop rivit, and no doubt I will be able to see what goes on (or not!!)
My bible for fitting out boats, Dinghy Systems by Chisnell and Hodgart was fine for my aged 14, but no help here.

If there are to be any surprises, can some one let me know, please.

Peter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spi Tack line. 2 years 5 months ago #388

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
The purpose of the bobble in the pole is to prevent the tack line coming too far out of the pole end. Ideally the tack should end up spaced from the pole end just sufficiently that when stowed the spinnaker can just fit fully into the chute when the pole is fully retracted.

The most usual problem is that the line from bobble to tack is too short, so that the pole is fully retracted before the kite is fully stowed - you have been warned!
Tony

Spi Tack line. 2 years 5 months ago #389

• PeterH6
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks splendidly fast and complete reply. Having owned a Int 14, a 5k, a 2k and a 700 I know a lot about the "last bit of the kite won't go away" problem, but now I know the solution as well. Thanks
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds