Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spinlock Upgrade

Spinlock Upgrade 2 years 8 months ago #379

• inkhole
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all
Just getting further prepped for my first year of sailing and have taken advice and am upgrading my original jib sheet jamming cleats for the spinlock racing cleats. Being new to all this I am not sure if they go in the same position as they appear to need raising a little to clear another rope guide on the port side.
As always, any help would be much appreciated but a photo of an exiting upgraded would be fantastic.

Thank you and have a great season one and all!

Ian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spinlock Upgrade 2 years 8 months ago #380

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Never seen anyone use Spinlock on the jib sheets of a 3k before, and not sure why you'd want to. The standard cleats have always worked just fine for me, although on my V3k I specced the smaller size cams from new as I wanted to use 4mm jib sheets (2:1'd, of course) instead of the standard 6mm.

I've used Spinlock for the spi-halyard on the V, as well as the standard swivel jammer on two L3ks, and I can't say I'd swap one for the other (presumes using a ring on elastic with the swivel jammers to keep the halyard uncleated during drops). I have, however, had a problem with the Spinlock when it salted-up despite regular post-race hosing.
Tony

Spinlock Upgrade 2 years 8 months ago #381

• inkhole
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Tony

time for a rethink
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds