Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Laser 3000 (3135) for sail - ready to race or play

Laser 3000 (3135) for sail - ready to race or play 2 years 10 months ago #228

• dwp
  • Fresh Boarder
This boat belonged to the national champion before he traded to a V. (See attached photos - the sailing one is a similar boat) It was still very fast for club racing and i sailed it , mostly on lakes with my teenage kids, progressing out of laser 2's , for a season and a half. Kids gone to university now so im back in my single hander - She gathered dust for 18 months under cover.

The 3000 offers fast, exciting yet easy sailing, particularly for lighter sailors - couples, parent-child and teenage combinations. Its great fun, well behaved , for fun or or racing. There is an excellent class association.

I've just cleaned the dust off and she looks good - see photos. Sails used but still with a lot of life in them. Spinnaker still crinkly but a mouse did get in and made a few small holes that have been professionally repaired - the unfaded crinkly it looks and sails like new. Being like new it doesn't hold water and goes up and down easily.

Foils solid with paint rubbed off on leading edges. see photo Tiller and extension fine

Minor negatives are a small hole in the spinnaker shoot repaired with gaffer tape (see photo) and a slight fraying in the jib halyard which will work fine for a while but needs replacing in time (Just a piece of rigging wire) Hull is clean , stiff and fast. Shes been looked after though there are the usual minor marks though nothing serious. Includes excellent condition road trailer and combination trolley - the later had had a rusted base due to salt which I have recently had professionally replaced. That said this trolley may need repairing or replacing in a few years though may last many more. Cover solid and strong though marked in places as shown in photo. Sad to see her go but she needs a new owner to have fun in her. On e bay with pictures Low reserve of £1,000 so grab a bargain or call me on 07970 554567. duncan
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds