Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013

Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013 4 years 10 months ago #14

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This is a joint event with the Vagos. Separate results but we will share a start.

Hopefully the faster Vagos will give the slower 3000s someone to race against! And if it works out well, we might do some more joint events in the future.

For those who haven't been before, Carsington is a biggish reservoir on the edge of the peak district. Lots of protected open water with a sheltered bay in front of the club house and a big area for racing on the main lake. The waves tend to be non-existent

I'll post up the Notice of Race as soon as it's published on the CSC site. But I expect racing will be 3 races on Saturday afternoon and two more on Sunday morning with everyone off the water by about 13:00 on Sunday. The courses will involve some reaches in addition to the normal beats and runs as we'll be sharing the course with a National 12 open.

Some "instructive information" about CSC, from our new club manager Ceri, can be found here:

www.carsingtonsailingclub.co.uk/sites/al...%20Information_0.pdf

There are a few accommodation options, which mostly involve camping:.

1. Very basic but walking distance to the club at Upper Town Farm: www.uppertownfarmleisure.co.uk/
2. Less basic but a short drive away at the Pudding Rooms (who also have a very nice rental cottage): www.thepuddingroomderbyshire.co.uk/70163/info.php?p=6&pno=0

There are a number of B&Bs in the area .. but I don't have any particular recommendations. Hotels in Derby (20 minutes away) and Ashbourne (10 minutes a way).

If anyone wanted to come along on Friday for an afternoon or evening sail, let me know and I'll sort it out. The water is open until 8pm,

Hope to see as many 3ks as possible.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013 4 years 9 months ago #19

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
Here's the Notice of Race for the Carsington 3000 and Vago open. Hope to see as many 3000s as poss at my home club for two days of racing.

We're racing with the Vagos on Satuday and Sunday and sharing the course with National 12s on the Sunday. Entry is £35 per boat. There will be PRIZES for L3000s and V3000s and for the fastest boat of all (on handicap).

Any questions, please post here or mail me.

Notice of Race: Vago and 3000 Open 2013.

An Open Meeting for Vago and 3000 Class dinghies is scheduled for May 18th and 19th 2013 and will be organised by Carsington Sailing Club on their water at Carsington, ASHBOURNE, Derbyshire, DE6 1SU, (tel.01629 540609).
All racing, officials and competitors shall be governed by the rules defined in the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2013 – 2016, except as shall be modified by the Sailing Instructions, the Rules of Carsington Sailing Club Ltd, the Rules of the appropriate Classes and the requirements of Severn Trent Water Plc.

Registration
An entry fee of £35 is required for the meeting. Booking-in will begin at 09:00.and will be located in the clubhouse, where copies of the Open Meeting Sailing Instructions will be available.

Programme of Events
3 Races will be held on Saturday, first warning signal at 12:30
2 races will be held on Sunday, first warning signal at 11:00.

Advertising
The event is subject to ISAF Regulation 20..

Courses
Courses on the Saturday will be Windward Leeward. Courses on the Sunday will be announced at the Sunday briefing and on the notice board (the course is to be shared with National 12s on a separate start).

Finishing Time Limit
Boats must finish within 15 minutes after the finish time of their class leading boat for their race to be valid.

Number of Races to Count / Discards.
The anticipated number of races in the meeting is 5
5 races completed 4 will count with 1 discard, - Less than 5 races completed - all will count.

Protests/Advisory/Arbitration Hearings.
The Advisory/Arbitration Process will be available as an alternative to full Protest.

Prize Giving.
The prize giving follow as soon as possible after the completion of the last race sailed.

Disclaimer of Liability
Competitors participating in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4 Decision to race. The organising authority will not accept any liability for material damaged or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.

Insurance
Each participating boat shall be ensured with valid third party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2,000,000 per event or the equivalent.

Boat decontamination

All boats arriving at Carsington Sailing Club (Ashbourne) must be washed ensuring decontamination prior to arriving on site at Carsington sailing Club.

Contacts for the event: Gerry Fisher (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)
Nick Arran ( This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

THIS NOTICE OF RACE IS LIABLE TO MODIFICATION.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by NickArran.

Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013 4 years 9 months ago #21

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
Sedbergh school hope to bring two boats to Carsington -
Look forward to it...

Myles

Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013 4 years 9 months ago #28

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
Have just booked ourselves into Knockerdown pub campsite and booked a table for 7.30 at the pub for a meal
Can 't see anyone else contributing to this forum on Carsington .... hope some of you are coming.
myles

Carsington Open 18th and 19th May 2013 4 years 8 months ago #33

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
Not a huge 3000 turnout last weekend; but those of us that did join in had a good time. And those that couldn't or just didn't, missed out on some fine sailing.

3x Vagos and 3x 3000s managed 3 races in F3 to F4+ on Saturday - perfect conditions, provided you found the gusts and shifts to take you up and down the windward leeward course. Lots of planing for the V3000s :)

A BBQ of locally raised beasts was held on Saturday evening, on the terrace in front of the club house - in SUNSHINE. The club manager even kept the bar open for us (thanks Ceri!) in exchange for a few sausages for his children.

After a morning of dead calm on Sunday, a couple of short races were run in the afternoon, in F1 to F2, to finish off. Added excitement in these races as we shared the course with 8x National 12s - not the fastest boats but very well sailed, and who kept us on our toes vying for windward mark roundings - especially when part of our fleet rounded the leeward mark just as the N12s started their race, putting us head to head up their first and our second beat. Wonder if the 3000 fleet could use some strategy and tactics tuition!!!!!.

Nick (ie ME) and Myles came first on the water in 4 of 5 races, with a single handed Vago beating us in the very light winds of race 4..

Out of interest and for some added fun we worked out the handicap results too, with the 2x V3000s on 1007 and Vagos and the L3000 on their RYA handicaps. Guess what! A V3000 still won!

Everyone went away with a prize, courtesy of our sponsors Noble Marine.

Tha Vagos are keen to repeat this regatta next year and hope that by actually advertising it (!!) they might get a few more takers. I'll be happy to add the 3000s in too if people are interested.

I'll add the full results when I get back from hols (forgot to bring the result sheet).

.... till Grafham!!
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds