Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 events

2014 events 4 years 4 months ago #96

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
Don;t know what events are planned for the 3000s next year but I believe that the 3000 Nationals will be on Sept 13 and 14th at Grafham

The Great North Asymmetric Challenge is on April 26/27th at Bassenthwaite

Don't know of any others - please feel free to contribute ideas.......

Happy New Year
Myles
PS anyone going to London Boat Show - ??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2014 events 4 years 4 months ago #97

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, the only event we've formally decided on is that one at Grafham.

A list of suitable public regattas is needed methinks.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to get to the London Boat show on Friday Jan 10th (I'll be in East London and between shifts anyway). Mostly lead mine cruisers and James Bond Villain style motor yachts, but I hear there will also be an AC45 on display, plus Hartley's and RS have stands along with some of the cat makers ... so not all keel boats and motor boats.
I

2014 events 4 years 3 months ago #101

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
Subject: Re: Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club: windward leeward open
Hi Myles,

I'm not too sure what you have seen. We usually hold two 'Windward/Leeward' events every year, but as next year's calendar (May to February) has not yet been finalised, I don't know whether the dates are on our website. They are planned for Sunday 18th. May and Sunday 31st. August next year. They are open to anyone to attend and we used to advertise them in the Sailing Press, however recently we seem to get the same number of entrants without advertising (mainly Club members anyway).

They consist of two/three races (depending on the weather) along the lines of a buoy to Windward and one to Leeward, with a 'gate' in the middle which acts as a start line and finish line. There are a variety of boat classes and are handicapped using the Portsmouth Yardstick system.

We used to have an entry charge, but as we are a registered Charity we can claim 'Gift Aid' on some payments - but not these entry fees. So we now ask for a 'donation' to Club funds - which is available for Gift Aid. However as your lads won't be paying income tax, I guess that we wouldn't be able to recover the Gift Aid. The money collected basically all goes towards the prizes.

We have a Galley which does meals and snacks at very reasonable prices, so there would be no need to bring along your own food if you don't want to.

If you think that this is the sort of thing your lads would enjoy, then we would look forward to seeing you at an event. (I keep saying 'lads' - 'cos when I was at St. Bees both it and Sedbergh were single sex schools. We have since changed, and so you may have done so as well!).

Best Regards,

Mike Forster
Honorary Secretary
Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club.

2014 events 4 years 4 weeks ago #114

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
Obviously the forum seems to be moribund since I was the last poster some 2 months ago.... but we have just returned from sailing 2 3000s in the Great North Asymmetric challenge and had a great weekend. Shame no other 3000s were there! Come next year.....

Note the RS 200s well behind us.... but sadly not on handicap with our V3000 in the final results.
:P

2014 events 4 years 4 weeks ago #117

• NickArran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Clashed with the Javelin / Hornet / 5o5 Open at Carsington for me - much too windy to single hand 3604 but we had good fun in the Javelin.

Meanwhile, if anyone fancies a trip to Carsington in May we have the first of the summer Sail Racer events there on May 11th (events.sailracer.org/eventsites/default_s.asp?eventid=189341) a one day event with two handicap fleets split according to PY.

Sadly I shan't be racing in it as I'm the results officer, but would be pleased to see any 3000s there ... might even consider loaning my V3k to someone if they wanted to do it.

2014 events 4 years 4 weeks ago #118

• myles
  • Junior Boarder
3000 sailors might like this on water footage including a great time lapse of post race boat packing!

thanks to my crew Chay for the footage.....

Myles
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds