Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 racing

2016 racing 1 year 10 months ago #386

• PeterH6
  • Fresh Boarder
Although I bought the boat really so that my grandchildren can learn to helm and trapeze a fast boat, I did have in mind a bit of racing as well. There appears to be no programme, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

As an old Medway boy, I am looking at the Marathon and the Medway regatta, and may be something in Menai Straights regatta. As the family fleet includes a 2K, and non of the kids have tried the wire, and there are clashes with some dates this may be optimistic. Bough Beech is not far away, if they have anything for visitors??

Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2016 racing 1 year 10 months ago #387

• Tony Hunt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Currently we only have the Nationals at Rutland in October scheduled as a class event (see headline on the Home Page). Lack of attendance discouraged us from scheduling more events a few years ago, but times can change again for the better if enough people wish it.

Ironically, my boat left Bough Beech last Sunday after a stint there (although the weather has been so inclement over the winter that it didn't see much action), and is returning to the Medway (Wilsonian SC) next week. Plan is to sail the Marathon in it unless the weather is unsuitable, and probably the Regatta as well (that was a class event in the past).
Tony

2016 racing 1 year 10 months ago #390

• PeterH6
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for another speedy reply/ I all depends on willingness and availability of family crew, non of whom are trapeze artists, but a very experienced sailors and asymetric spi hands. We'll see.

Peter
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds